Culbreth Memorial Pentecostal Holiness Church

P. O. Box 144
Falcon, North Carolina
(910) 980-1296

(Founded in 1898)

In 1898, Julius and Venie Culbreth has a great desire to do something for God. Their desire was realized after a storm, that blew down many of the high pines in the area. Mr. Culbreth decided not to let them go to waste, but used them to build a church in the shape of a tent. Mr. Culbreth had a "Little Tabernacle" built to be used by the community as a place for prayer meetings. After the Falcon Camp Meeting was began in 1900 and the doctrine of Holiness was established, The Falcon Holiness Church was organized and used the Little Tabernacle for worship.

The present structure was completed early fall in 1952 and was built in front of the Little Tabernacle, incorporating it into the new structure. By unanimous agreement of the congregation, the name of the Falcon Pentecostal Holiness Church was officially changed to "The Culbreth Memorial Pentecostal Holiness Church" in memory of Julius A. Culbreth.. It was dedicated and opened the first Sunday in October. Since that time, the first Sunday in October has been observed as Homecoming Day.

In 1981 a scholarship was established to assist children of parents at Culbreth Memorial Church who wish to further their education.

Many additions and improvements were made during 1952-1998. Beginning in 1907 and continuing until today, the church has supported foreign missions. Culbreth Memorial has exhibited a certain charm, simplicity, warmth, and dignity through the years. Although change and progress have taken place, the original mission of the church still exists today.