This school was located on Raleigh Road. In the early 1930s, Sallie J. Thigpen served as teacher here.
Wade was served by a number of schools before the county erected its own brick building in 1925. This building had twelve classrooms, library, auditorium and an office.
Wade Colored School
In 1940, McNeill, McClellan , South River and Godwin colored schools were consolidated with Wade Colored School. After consolidating these schools, the Wade School had 300 students and eight teachers. Students lived within a six mile radius of the school and were transported by school buses.
Willis Creek Colored School
Located in the Gray’s Creek Township, this school was located off Highway 87 near the Bladen County line.