When Lewis Chapel School opened in 1950 this school was closed.
Manchester Colored School
Located in Manchester Township, this school was constructed with Rosenwald Funds between 1923 and 1928.
Massey Hill School
Massey Hill became a public school in 1897. A new two-story brick building (projected to open in October 1924) was completed in 1925. Four classrooms were added to the school in 1938. Another building was added in 1942 and the gymnasium was constructed in 1947.
McClellan Colored School
Closed in 1940 when it consolidated with Wade Colored School.
McLemore Colored School
During consolidation of the small one and two teacher schools, students who previously attended this school was transported to Savannah Colored School.
Murphy Colored School
Closed in 1950 when an addition to Armstrong School was completed.
Orange Street Colored School
Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987, Orange Street School first opened in 1915. It is the oldest existing structure in the city of Fayetteville associated with public schooling. Constructed by James Waddell, a successful African American builder, the school was the first public educational structure built for African American children in Fayetteville.
Orange Street Colored School Faculty
More than 850 students were enrolled in the school a year after its opening. In 1922 all black children living north of Person and Hay Streets in grades one through seven attended Orange Street School. Students who lived outside the Cross Creek township were charged tuition.
Pearces Mill Colored School
Located off State Hwy 21, this school was constructed with Rosenwald Fund between 1923 and 1928. The school was eliminated and consolidated with the new Ashley Elementary School in 1955.