Print from your Wireless Computer
• XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
• Connection to Library Wireless Network
You can easily connect to our printing system from your wireless computer and use any of the payment options normally available when printing from a public library computer.
Click on your library's link below. This will start the download of the "auto-installer." Please note that you must select the library where you plan to print. Each location stores print requests separately.
1. Click Run when prompted. This will install the software to your computer. Some computers have extra security and will require you to click Run a second time to confirm installation of the software. (You may need to click "Allow" to download the print driver.)
2. The "Print Client" will appear on your task bar.
3. When you're ready to print, simply use the buttons you normally would to print. Select either the COLOR or the BW (black and white) printer. After printing you will be prompted for ID; enter in either your name or library card number. When you are ready to print, proceed to the nearest Print Release Station located at the Library choosen. Please keep in mind that what you type for your ID must be re-entered exactly to retrieve your printing at the Print Release Station.
4. When you are finished and done printing for the day, press "Close" on "Print Client" or shut down your computer. The application will disappear.
Note: The security settings on your laptop may prevent the wireless printing software from running automatically. You may be prompted to save the file to your computer. If so, save the file to your desktop or in a location you will remember and run the program before attempting to print again. If you are still unable to print, your computer settings may be preventing you from accessing the library's wireless printing. You can save your work to a USB drive and print from the Internet Express Terminal.
To run the Print Client, please click the name of the Library where you are.