Donate to the Friends
The Friends accept monetary donations, which help provide supplemental library programs and services. All contributions are tax deductible as allowed under the extent of the law.
|Mail your donation to:|
|Friends of the Library
PO Box 53666
Fayetteville, NC 28305-3666
The Friends of the Library accept books, CDs and DVDs in good or like new condition. Materials are reviewed for inclusion in the Friends used book sales and possibly for the library collection. Items deemed in poor condition or of little interest will be discarded through a recycling program. All book sale proceeds benefit library programs and services and donations are tax deductible as allowed under the extent of the law.
- All audio-visual formats including DVD, VHS, vinyl records, and books on CD or cassette
- Magazines, especially home improvement, home decorating, cooking, and all children's magazines
- Children's books in good condition
- All other items in good condition with the following exceptions
We Do Not Accept
- Encyclopedias before 2000
- Readers Digest Condensed Books or Magazines
- National Geographic before 1960 or later than 2010
- Children's materials discarded from school libraries
- Materials discarded from law libraries
Where to Donate
Please check with library staff at any library location. For large donations that may include several boxes of materials, please deliver them to the back of Headquarters Library, 300 Maiden Lane, Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. Please ring the doorbell next to the garage door and someone will come to assist you.