Donate to the Friends
The Friends accept monetary donations, which help provide supplemental library programs and services. All contributions are tax deductible as allowed under the extent of the law.
|Mail your donation to:|
|Friends of the Library
PO Box 53666
Fayetteville, NC 28305-3666
Thank you very much for thinking of the
Friends of the Library!
The Friends of the Library accept books, CDs and DVDs in good or like new condition. Materials are reviewed for inclusion in the Friends used book sales and possibly for the library collection. Items deemed in poor condition or of little interest will be discarded through a recycling program. All book sale proceeds benefit library programs and services and donations are tax deductible as allowed under the extent of the law.
- All audio-visual formats including DVD, vinyl records and books on CD or cassette
- Magazines should be no more than 5 years old. Accepted magazines include home improvement, home decorating, cooking and all children’s magazines
- Children's books in good condition
- National Geographic magazines prior to 1960 and after 2010
- All other items in good condition with the following exceptions
We Do Not Accept
- Foreign Language materials EXCEPT for Dictionaries and Juvenile titles
- Readers Digest Condensed Books or Magazines
- Business, Professional, Industry or News Magazines
- Magazines older than 5 years from current year
- Children’s materials discarded from school libraries
- Materials discarded from law libraries
Where to Donate
Please check with library staff at any library location. All library locations are accepting small donations (the size of a paper grocery bag.) For large donations that may include several boxes of materials, please call 483-7727 ext. 1304 to arrange drop off.