Activity Room Rules & Procedures
1. All library Activity Rooms, including Headquarters’ Pate Room, may be used only during regular library hours. Early openings may be arranged at the discretion of the location manager based on available staff.
2. Activity Rooms may be booked no more than 60 days in advance. Rooms will be held only thirty (30) minutes past the reservation time. Failure to cancel a reservation 24 hours in advance may result in future reservations being denied.
3. Reservations are made online for no more than three (3) times within a 60-day period.
4. Acceptance of a reservation is conditional upon the intended use of the room, expected number in attendance in adherence to space availability, safety regulations, and the discretion of the location manager. All reservations are subject to approval by the location manager.
5. At his or her discretion, the location manager may set a limit on the number of times in a month a person or organization may reserve the Activity Room, based on location and community needs.
6. Activity Rooms are not available for conducting programming or activities that are purely commercial, religious, social, or personal in nature. Examples of programs that are not allowed include, but are not limited to: Birthday parties, weddings, bridal showers, family reunions, retirement parties, church services, office or work-related activities of businesses.
7. Private meetings by non-profit groups, non-profit member-only organizations or governmental agencies are permitted for conducting organizational meetings, seminars, study groups, planning sessions, training programs, and other related activities. It is the responsibility of the group to monitor the Activity Room door in the event non-members seek entry.
8. Activity Room use must neither disrupt normal library operations nor the use of the library by others. Persons using the Activity Rooms are subject to all library rules and regulations.
9. Non-profit groups and organizations may collect membership dues. Merchandise available from a planned speaker – such as a book or an audiotape – may be sold, however 20% of the sales must be donated to the Friends of the Library.
10. Library staff cannot take telephone messages for any person using an Activity Room. Library staff cannot page a person using an Activity Room. Library telephones are intended for library business only.
11. Smoking is prohibited in the library. Serving alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the library.
12. No group or member of any group may affix or attach signs, banners or fliers to any wall, ceiling or any piece of library property.
13. With the except for on-duty law enforcement officers and library security officers, weapons of any kind are prohibited in the library.
14. Admission fees for programs and activities held in Activity Rooms are prohibited without permission by the Director.
15. Individuals or groups whose activities would tend to incite or produce imminent lawless action, or are obscene, or are obviously promoting false and misleading information, or are defamatory will not be allowed to use the library's Activity Rooms.
16. The individual requesting the room is responsible for making arrangements regarding the set-up of the room at the time of the booking, and is responsible for any adjustments to the arrangement made on the day of the meeting. Groups who wish to use library-owned audiovisual equipment in Activity Rooms are responsible for damage to the equipment. Groups must designate a group member to be responsible for learning how to operate the equipment prior to the meeting date.
17. It is the responsibility of the person reserving the Activity Room to ensure the room is clean and orderly before leaving. The library is not responsible for personal belongings left in the Activity Room by users.
18. The library does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, age, national origin or disability. Permission to use library meeting space (both Conference Rooms and Activity Rooms) is not an endorsement by the library staff or library Board of Trustees of the user or user's beliefs. The Library reserves the right of reasonable inspection of meeting space by Library staff, County Engineer, County Building Inspectors, and the Fire Marshall.
19. The library director reserves the right to deny further use of any meeting space to any individual or group who violates the library policies rules or procedures.